What You Need to Know When Test-Driving a Used Car
Buying a car can be a big decision. Making the most of a test drive is a simple matter of common sense, careful observation, and knowing what to look for. Read on for how to prepare yourself for this all-important experience and what to keep track of when taking a car out for the first time.
· Does the car drift to the left or right when you take your hands off the steering wheel? Drifting could mean an alignment is needed.
· Get on the highway and accelerate into traffic. Does the car have enough power to get you into traffic safely? Does the transmission shift smoothly or jerk and whine? Pay attention to the road, engine and wind noise. Do any of these sound wrong or just too loud?
· How well do the brakes work? Are they firm or spongy? Does the car pull to one side or the other during hard braking? Do they squeak? Brakes are designed to squeak when the pads need to be replaced, and that's a costly repair. Does the vehicle pitch forward dramatically when you brake hard? This, too, could reflect worn suspension components.
· How's the ride? Find some rough road and see how the car handles it. Does it bounce you around too much? Do you feel that you're still in control of the car? Drive over some bumps and dips. Does the car continue bouncing after the disturbance has passed? If so, new shock absorbers or other suspension work may be in order. Excessive leaning during sharp turns may reflect the same problem.
· Parallel park. Back out of a driveway. How's the visibility out of all angles?
· Test the cruise control, if the car is equipped.
· Before you end your drive, pay attention to the seat. Is it comfortable? Does it seem like it would be for a long trip? Does the seat give you enough support? Does it hold you in place during sharp turns?
· When you get out of the car, note the headroom. Make sure there's enough room in there for you, and that it's simple to get in and out of the car. Likewise, you don't want to own a car that's too big for you to drive comfortably and safely.
Carousel 2 serving Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, North Liberty, Marion, and Coralville, IA is proud to be an automotive leader in our community. Since opening our doors, Carousel 2 has maintained a solid commitment to you, our customers. We do our best to ensure your complete satisfaction every time you step into our car dealership. This is why we offer the widest selection of used and pre-owned Cars, Trucks, and SUVs and provide true ease of purchase in Iowa.
Date: Jan. 18, 2018 | Category: Car Shopping
You’ve decided to purchase a new car – fantastic! We invite you to look at our online selection of used cars and certified pre-owned vehicles. We are confident that your dream car is here on our parking lot. As you’re looking for your vehicle, we’ve compiled a helpful checklist for you to reference to help ensure a fantastic customer experience.
Date: Jan. 11, 2018 | Category: Car Shopping
Used cars are a great option for all kinds of drivers. They offer benefits like having more options and lower prices, making them an excellent and affordable choice. If you’re considering buying a used car, read on to find out more about how Carousel2 can help.
Date: Dec. 29, 2017 | Category: Car Shopping
When you decide to purchase a car, truck or SUV from a Carousel 2, you’ve made a good decision. Shopping at Carousel 2 ensures that you’ll obtain a high-quality automobile that has already met our high standards. Read about a few benefits you can experience when you shop with us in Iowa.
Date: Dec. 19, 2017 | Category: Car Shopping
Buying your first car can seem a little daunting. There are many makes and models to choose from with a variety of features. It can be difficult to sort through the options and find the best car for you. Consider these ten tips before you buy a car.
Date: Nov. 13, 2017 | Category: Car Shopping
If you are looking to buy a car for yourself or a family member, consider purchasing a used car instead of a new car. Carousel 2 is a trusted used car dealer, and we believe that our high-quality used cars will fulfill your transportation needs.
Date: Feb. 13, 2017 | Category: Honda Fit
The 2015 Honda Fit EX-L in Iowa City is making a splash in the economy car market, redefining the way these cars handle and look. This five-person hatchback offers plenty of character on the inside, and a fun performance wherever your journeys take you. It delivers on all points, from a spacious interior to an impressive fuel economy...
Date: Feb. 7, 2017 | Category: Chevrolet Malibu LT
The 2015 Chevrolet Malibu LT in Iowa City is a great vehicle to take out with the family, given its reliability and cargo space. It offers plenty of safety and entertainment features as well to ensure every passenger has a good time on long-distance trips...
Date: Feb. 1, 2017 | Category: Dodge Journey RT
Cruising down different roads can be epic every time when inside the refined 2015 Dodge Journey RT, a timeless SUV designed for today’s modern world. Its interior is fit for a queen and king, and the exterior drops jaws in any setting. Take this SUV out for long-distance trips with the family or daily commutes. It is ready when you are...
Date: Jan. 25, 2017 | Category: Dodge Journey RT
Perhaps one of the most competitive markets in the automotive industry is the SUV crossover segment. Despite this, the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SE soars above its SUV competitors with its commendable fuel-economy, tech-oriented features, and long-lasting parts. It is designed for the roads less traveled and busy cities, making it a versatile SUV to add to your collection...